If you had a best friend would you personally say I love you on the phone to them directly?

I just want to see what you moms out there think about this. A best friend of mine told me tonight that her husband's best friend called him and so he went upstairs to talk to her while his wife stayed downstairs with kids (his wife is my best friend) then he finally came down and said I love you right in front of his wife! So, I just wonder does anyone really say that to their best friend or do they show their love other ways? Also, his best friend which is a female is married!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:08 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• hum....well I can only say that would not go over well with me, if that were my husband, but I have heard..not ever seen that there are relationships, like that ..that do work. On the positive side because he said it in front of her..It does not seem he has anything to hide.
    meme4x

Answer by meme4x at 11:15 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I tell my best female friend I love her on the phone and in person. Same with my DH's best guy friend, I have told him I loved him tons of times. Its true, and its not a romantic love.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:16 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i tell my best friend i love her either in person and by phone and my hubby's friend has told him he loves us both but mostly to him cause we are newlyweds but i suspect that once he knows me better he will continue to be cool like that and tell me. my husband would know he is saying it as a friendship way. my girl friend and i don't spend a whole lot together but if she did i wouldn't care. i know and trust her. i think it's perfectly innocent thing to do. it's all cool.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 11:21 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I tell my BF that I love her over the phone and in person And when I see her I give her a kiss goodbye. I dont see the big deal in it.
    Anonymous

• I always tell my bestfriend I love her before we hang up or leave eachother.
    I also tell a lot of our guy friends I love them- in front of my husband. I "I love you" I tell a guy friend is way different than the "I love you" I tell my husband. My husband also tells our girl friends he loves them too. No big deal.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:36 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• yep i tell my friends i love them all the time :D
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 11:39 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Me too. There's nothing wrong with it. And I want my nearest and dearest friends to know how I feel about them.
    AuntieM

Answer by AuntieM at 11:47 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• i dont know on that one. my best friend is a guy and everytime we get off the phone we say i love you. but my hubby knows that its him and he's ok with him. so i dont know.
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If he said it in front of you, I wouldn't really be worried. If there was something going on, he wouldn't have said it. I tell my cousin and my best friends, but they are all female.. I don't actually have any close male friends though.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:13 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I tell my friends I love them, but I couldn't imagine my husband doing so. Men, in general, don't show a lot of emotion. But there are some factors you should consider: Was he the first to say "I love you" to your friend, and how soon into the relationship was it? Maybe he's just a sensitive kind of guy?
    LazyMistake

Answer by LazyMistake at 2:56 AM on Nov. 18, 2008