Need TO Get This Off My Chest

I think it's important to be able to say something that you have done or are doing that you know is wrong or goes against your inner set of ethical values/beliefs....

Mine is .... My pain pill usage has been getting out of control and I am boarding heavily on addiction. I have gone to buy them off of other ppl when my prescription is gone and I'm not able to get another from my Dr. yet. I have also used my dentist to get them in between refill dates from my regular Dr.

Post anonymously if you must...but take the first step and say this to yourself so as to make the first step towards positive change in your life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I understand cause I was addicted to those also. I am currently in a out patient program and its wonderful.They are very hard to stop and if you have taken them for years like i did you CAN NOT just top cause of medical reasons...If you want help ask your dr or search for clinics in your area that treat opiate addiction...Good LUck and God Bless
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 2:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Also if you need someone to talk to I am always here. I have 1 year clean and i know what you are going through so please anytime message me and i will get back to you as soon as i can
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 2:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Post anonymously if you must...but take the first step and say this to yourself so as to make the first step towards positive change in your life.

Good for you OP, you sound strong to me by taking the initiative to say it to yourself. That is a good step in the right direction. I would like to remain private with something that I am dealing with. I must change to only I have a different problem. I did the same as you, I addressed it and I am doing better. GLto you.
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 10:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Its nice to get it off your chest but more important to actually do something about it.

So instead of telling strangers and feeling like you have done some good...get up, get to a dr/clinic/whatever and get your life back to where it should be.

Oh and I dont have anything to report.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I was where you are. If you truly want to stop, you can. It's hard, no question about that. You have to let everyone around you know what's going on so that the ones that are enabling you will stop. Message me anytime. Good luck. Hugsssss.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 10:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Good for you OP ... you've taken the first step in admitting that you have a problem. Pain pills are a hard addiction to beat. I wish you all the best of luck.

My issue: My hubby believes that I am addicted to those little energy shots (not the drinks) like 5-Hour Power and the like. I don't think so, but it is possible. I only drink them when I am going out running errands. I think to be addicted I would need them all them time, not just when I go somewhere.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Wow! Thumbs up, high five and kudo's to you! I am a closet 420. And I admit it.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 12:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i was addicted to the pills that made my morning sickness go away....i took one every 6 hours just so i could feel like i was almost normal again, and then by the time they ran out,my body was so used to them my morning sickness would still happen, so i got stronger ones...then i read the side effects of the first ones it freaked me out and now i only take the strong ones when i have to ride the bus or just go anywhere (i dont feel good so often the only time i leave the house is doctors appointments or to go to the store, every 4 weeks probably)
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 1:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That is the first step is admitting you have an addiction. The next is getting into a program to help get you off the pain meds. Please tell your doctor you have an addiction, they can be such a valuable resource in getting you proper care. My inlaws are legal addicts, meaning they go to different doctors, ER's and get pain shots or pills all the time. They need medical and mental therapy but none of us can make them go for help. We worry all the time about them
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm a reality tv junkie =/
    Jersey_class

Answer by Jersey_class at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011