Bill Maher calling Bill O'Reilly a racist?

Ok so on Fridays episode of Real Time Bill Maher was talking about O'Reilly's interview with Obama and his guest on the show said he felt part of the interview was bigoted specifically when he said something along the lines of "do you like football oh no your more of a basketball guy" (in somewhat of a sarcastic tone) Now I watched that episode ON Friday and maybe i missed something because i didn't think that they were saying that O'Reilly was racist I thought they were pissed because they thought O'Reilly was making a smirk about the president not really liking football which is like the biggest sport in America. Or thinking that O'Reilly  thinks that Obama is a Muslim and Muslims don't like football but again I don't get how O'Reilly is saying that they were calling him a racist. I felt like ALL they were trying to get across (if you watch the whole Bill Maher segment not just want O'Reilly showed... gotta see it in context) was that they felt he was not being respectful because he is the PRESIDENT...Oh and also i have been on pain meds for the last two days so i could have gotten what O'Reily was saying on his show today wrong so correct me if needed. I really just want to understand...Do you know anything about what i am talking about and what did you think of the whole thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• . Talk about a stretch. The President plays basketball so on the biggest football day of the year Bill asked if he liked and watched football. I saw the interview and no, I don't believe race played a factor at all. O'Reilly is a conservative and disagrees with the Presidents policies and does so openly and succinctly. Race has nothing to do with it.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 7:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't believe that O'Reilly is a racist. I may not always agree with him or his style of interviewing, but I don't think he's a racist.

However, hearing Maher and his cohorts spouting off some ridiculous garbage like that is not surprising to me in the least. I really think Bill Maher is an ugly human being in his heart, I really do.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• LMAO! So you're hoping that one left wing nut talking about a right wing nut being racist (again!) will create enough of a distraction so no one will discuss how poorly YOUR president screwed up the budget yesterday?! Am I right?!

I prefer to discuss issues of REAL IMPORTANCE!!! You know the that will actually IMPACT our everyday lives?! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree with sopranomommy. Obama plays basketball, that could have been all he meant by that. Maher and his guests using the words racist and bigot in such a way negates the meaning and impact of those words. Careless use of those words render them practically meaningless.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• What's with the Maher ocsession lately?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• *obsession
    sweet-a-kins

• Bill Maher is a radical left wing idiot and is totally irrelevant
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Isn't he the one who just claimed Obama is not a Christian?
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

•  

Bill Maher is a radical left wing idiot and is totally irrelevant

and yet there are multiple questions with him this week.....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Glenn Beck called Obama a racist

Then apologized on a lesser known show MONTHS later

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011