I have never had my nails done, and I was wondering

What do you tell them at the salon? Probably sounds dumb, but I have no clue lol. My hubby got me a gift card for a local nail salon because Ive always said I want to get them done. But I have no clue what to say if I go in.. haha.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• You want a FULL SET...also depends on your price range the cheapest one is ACRYLIC powder, next up is FIBER GLASS, then UV GELL, and some places have porcelin or something like that....Fiber glass is great last for about 3weeks to a month before you need a fill but the GELL last 6 weeks and they look so NATUREAL.....
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 2:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well it just depends, for example im always using my hands at work for cooking & cleaning or giving out med, some pills you need to pull out of their packageing, so i always ask for sport lenth which is short but still goes over your nails, it feels more natural, also they have different typs like french, american& pearl tip, also solar, it just depends on what look you want, also you can have them painted.Do you have toddlers? I wouldn't recommend them that long if you do , i remember scratching my ds when i first got them done.Another thing is that your fingers will hurt for a few days the first time you get them done but it will go away eventually.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 2:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ask for a full set and then tell them the lenghth you want. You tell them what color of polish you want and if you want any designs on them. You tell them what shape you want them filed and that's about it. Square, oval, or round.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• *length*
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It all depends on what you want. Do you want to get acrylics, or just a manicure?? I've had my nails done for about 10 years now, I can't imagine not having them. I personally get the pink and white ones. They seem more natural to me. Take a look online and figure out what you want. Let them know that you've never gotten your nails done before, and they should be more than willing to help you on what to get. Enjoy that pampering time. I know I love it!

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 3:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If you want to get a full set, you have to keep it up. Something to keep in mind. I prefer just a regular manicure, no fake nails. You can select the color of polish, or ask for a French manicure, or even clear polish if you want. So you can decide what you'd like to get. Ask when you come in for some guidance. Do you want a set of acrylics? Will you keep up with it? Having them removed and letting your nails grow back is a long and sometimes painful process, just FYI. I've had acrylics a few times, and I don't plan to again, but that's just for me and my lifestyle.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• if you want a manicure tell them manicure and if you want a full set them full set and they will tell you to pick out your color or you tell them french.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 8:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2011