Why are teen dads so dumb?

Seriously?? what can we do to "MAN" these little boys up?? They care less and give all the responsibility to the mother while they go out partyin and living like normal teenage boys! It's very very RARE to see a teen dad actually be supportive. It's really sad.

mamastyles

Asked by mamastyles at 2:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Its not only the dads, there are a few moms as well,like most of those teen moms on mtv, I stopped watching that show because its just sad .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Honey thats almost 90% of any age DADS..my husband was not involved with our daughter when she was born and he didnt go out but he never did anything i DID IT ALL just like a single mom would do. He is just now helping and she is 3 it all depends if you love him and if you think things will work out or not....You know some men are scared to hold babys cause how tiny they are and they cant talk to tell them what they want. just thought you might want to know but ultimitly its up to you to make him STAY home and help out. GOOD LUCK
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 2:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I just wouldn't stand for it if I were you. I would just get the point across to him however I had to. My dad wasn't around a lot when I was growing up but it was because he was always working. My mom was too. I was pretty much raised by my grandparents, whom I adored and still do. Tell him that he may be hurting his relationship with his kid.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• They are teens! It is what it is! They are immature people..like most teens. It would be like trying to change the stripes on a zebra to polka dots! Most grown men in their 20's, 30's 40's are immature. How could you expect a teen to man up? People should not be allowed to reproduce until 25, lol.......
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 3:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I help run an organization for teen mothers. it just breaks my heart what they go through with these boys. And they have such high hopes they'll come through for them.
    mamastyles

Comment by mamastyles (original poster) at 3:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• love your answer justalady...then i'd only have 1 kid if i waited till 25 lol..maybe i wouldnt go as insane everyday
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well then they are just as dumb as these boys, i too was a teen and sexually active, I knew i didnt want a baby at such a young age because i knew i wouldnt be able to afford it, I put myself on birth control& would use condoms, i think people who cant afford to have kids keep having them because there is always a system out there helping them or making things easy for them, when what they should of done from the begining was have the guy wrap it up, or close their legs.Im sorry this is not the answer you want to hear but some one needs to just say it like it should be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Haven't matured yet and know one obviously taught them about self control lol
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 4:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We are talking about TEEN boys!!! Since when do we associate the word "maturity" with them??? Anyone who has a teen son, even a good/smart/responsible one, knows they may look like men (physically) but they sure as hell are far from actually being men (emotionally, psychologically).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• They're boys. Their ability to produce viable sperm doesn't make them adults. Men don't finish puberty until their late 20's; what SHOULD you expect? They DON'T understand the consequences of their actions.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2011