How long after a miscarriage should you wait untill you start trying again?

how long after a miscarriage should you wait until you start trying to have another baby again?

i had a miscarriage in December and i was just wondering

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 2:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• Usually you can get right back to ttc. I had one 4 years ago that was pretty bad and the dr said I could try as soon as I had 2 normal periods because I couldn't stop bleeding after the miscarriage. I had to use bc for 2 months to control the bleeding. After that I stopped using the bc and got pregnant on the first try. If you aren't bleeding you should be able to try now :-) Oh and here's some good news: You're more likely to get pregnant right after a miscarriage!

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• baby dust

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• @SweetLoveofMine really?thankss :) after the miscarriage i was just so shooken up
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 3:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes really :-) I know they are not at all easy. I had told everyone at work I was pregnant, I was so excited because we had planned it. I had the miscarriage at work too, had to leave to go to the e.r. For months after that ppl kept asking me at work if I was ok. Some of them didn't know what to say. The whole thing was akward.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• @SweetLoveofMine yea i understand i had mines around christmas time i was so stressed
    i felt so bad every time my oldest (8) heard an ambulance siren she broke down because both of my daughters were there when i miscarriage so they were all freaked out
    LABELmeCUTE

Comment by LABELmeCUTE (original poster) at 3:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My doctor told me to wait 8 weeks after a miscarriage. I've had three of them. One at 5 weeks, one at 8 weeks, and one at 19.5 weeks. They're rough, but fortunately not everything in life is as hard as getting over a miscarriage.

GL
    Razelda

Answer by Razelda at 3:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My doctor told me I could start TTC as soon as I was ready. After my first one it took me a year to get pregnant again. After my second one...well I didn't even get a period. I got pregnant immediately.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• As soon as you feel you are ready! Most doctors will tell you to wait one cycle so they can have a solid date, but really you can try any time. I had two and you will be on eggshells for the first 12 weeks (or 20 for me) and then you will relax. Good luck to you!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ive never had a miscarriage so i dont know your pain but i have lost a child 2 weeks after she was born.....that was the hardest thing ive ever had to deal with in my entire life....but back to your question,i was told that if i had a miscarriage that you should wait till your first real period,but another doctor told me that if you have a miscarriage but you still want to try to have a baby you should wait till your heart tells you that its time....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 4:39 PM on Feb. 16, 2011