3rd trimester growth and discomfort.

I'm currently 33 weeks and the last couple of days it feels like my uterus overlaps my ribs on the outside when DD is sitting high. Anyone else experiencing this? Is it normal? Thanks in advance for any answers.

MommyMegO2011

Asked by MommyMegO2011 at 3:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am almost 34 weeks and i feel the same way sometimes but if i bend over and rub my tummy and kinda move the spot that hurts it can make the baby move out of that spot and i can feel a lot better plus if you make the baby feel like you are closing in on it then it makes the baby decide to move out of that spot to a more open comfortable spot not that there are too many left now but it can help
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 10:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh, yes. The last trimester can be very uncomfortable. DS loved to lodge his feet in my ribs. A bruised sensation or even numbness in your lower ribs can be normal. You can try to stretch it out the best you can. You can even push down you the baby to get some momentary relief. Hang in there, mama, it's all worth it in the end! =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 3rd trimester can be the most uncomfortable.

BMariee

Answer by BMariee at 4:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Try moving around when she does that. Usually when you move it rocks the baby to sleep.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i am feeling the exact same way, i am 34 weeks and am on bedrest so its even worse, try sleeping on your side with a pillow between your knees, ive found this to help alot.
    justhappy19

Answer by justhappy19 at 4:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2011