Food Stamps/Welfare

What are your thoughts about people that use foodstamps or welfare in general? What have your experiences been with these people that use them or do you use them yourself?

I read a post where a lady was watching an overweight lady at the grocery store buy goodies like chips and stuff with a food stamp card and she bashed the hell out of her!

I personally think that she was nosy and obnoxious to be posting that crap. Yes, there are ppl that abuse the system, but some people NEED them and our economy and job market is CRAP.

College educated people are the new working class. And more and more CM people have no class.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• i am on welfare, and i was going to school as well but dropped becuase my kindergarteners education is more important..i also have 2 other children and i am fixed so no more babies can be born into the system.. i am not one who's just freeloading on welfare. my husband volunteers at habitat for humanity for our share of the money...he's been looking for work for 3 years and all dead ends..we're definately in Need of it..i don't know why anyone in their right mind would Want to stay in the system..Use it as a stepping stone, not a life long support system.
    there are honest to god good people who are on welfare, and i dont think we should get looked at differently because we're currently living in a crappy economy.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• and are forced to live this way at the moment.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• People like that are true ASSHOLES!!!!
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i think if you honestly need them then you get them
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I feel they should be treated just like everyone else and not get singled out most of us have had to have help at one point or another and an old saying my mother used to tell us was to remember when you are pointing one finger at someone else you have three more pointing back at you. I feel everyone should be treated equally and we don't know what the persons reason for getting help is so judge not lest ye be judged
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have always believed that it is Gods place to judge and not ours.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 7:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would never judge anyone on a public assistance program. Do I believe that there are some that abuse the system? Sure. Does that make me suspicious of anyone on programs? Absolutely not. It's none of my business (or anyone elses) what the people receiving food stamps buy. Just because someone needs a little help does not make it any ones right to question what they are eating.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• What are your thoughts about people that use foodstamps or welfare in general?

If you need them, use them.  That's what it's there for.  Try not to become too dependant on them.  If you get to a point that you don't need them, then don't use them.  Leave that money for someone else in need.  If you don't need them and you are misusing them (selling or trading for drugs) and are caught doing so, I think you should be prosecuted for fraud.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Many military families use welfare

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I hate that fact that there are few that abuse the system but then those who really need the help are the ones getting bashed and blamed for how the economy is the way it is. Welfare once on it is hard to get off of, proven fact that you would have to make a ton more money to get what you get through the welfare system. So i really think that the government wants people to be on the system if your dependent on them for basic things such as food and housing your not going to go against them. So dont bash the people on the system bash those in control of the system and in control of the job market and wages that people are being paid.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 8:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011