Would you eat the whole meal if it tasted gross?

I'm not really a good cook, though I have my moments. My mother never taught me to cook, my husband was the one really teaching me to make meals. I can master a few from my childhood, but since we repeat meals, I attempted new things.

First attempt at a new meal...chicken and egg....lets just say...hubby saw it and we had to rush out the door for the sake of our tummies. Tonight, attempting a casserole...

Hubby's got a cast iron tummy...he'll eat anything and survive. Me, I've eaten some things people made and I've eaten things to be polite. I've paid the price for being polite though lol. I can't just NOT eat something...unless its an allergy...which so far, I have none that I'm aware of.

Would you eat a meal if it tasted gross to be polite?

Imortlmommy

Asked by Imortlmommy at 3:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Food & Drink

• No, I think that I would want to be told it tasted bad, and I think there is a polite way to do so
    paramoreMommI

Answer by paramoreMommI at 3:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Depends. If it was dh cooking it I would yes. But generally he is more picky on taste and if it was gross he would either make something else, remake it, or orde out. Dh ill speak up first and say if it doesn't taste right and he wont eat it either. He has eaten everything I have ever made that was less than perfect though lol. He never said a word though I know he must have been silently suffering. Even if I told him it tasted bad he would still eat it. If it were someone other than dh I wouldn't eat whatever it was. I would have to find a reason to not eat it in a tactful way. I have some allergies though and am vegetarian so generally I don't eat other ppl's food.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• no, i would not,,,
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 7:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• no I wouldn't
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 7:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It would depend on how bad it was. I would try to be polite and eat some, if it's really bad, then just scoot it around on the plate, and say I'm not very hungry. If you're concerned about someone not eating your food, then keep cooking, and trying, and you'll improve. It just takes experience and time.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• nope...i would fake it! i would fake a headache or something
    froghopper

Answer by froghopper at 10:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2011