Need to Vent?? GRRR

Here's the place to get it off your chest...i feel like venting and wondered if you'd like to join in too.

I know this lady from my college and she is a lazy peice of crap. She only goes to get loan money and gets D's or has to take all the classes over cuz she never comes and doesn't do the work hardly ever. She doesn't work and is a single mom and draws welfare and has no reason or excuse keeping her from working. She lives in a trailor that literally has like no floor and is falling apart and calls me and whines that she is gna get her lights turned off or has no money for food or ciggs. UGH!! Get off your 300lb. ass and work!

I feel bad for her to a point and I have a very hard time telling her I dnt want to be friends...We exchanged numbers in a class i had with her once ("In case she had questions" is what she told me when she asked for my number) and now she won't leave me alone. oh, and when she gets her student loans she spends it on McD's and clothes for herself. Ew.

Okay, that was my vent...what's yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• I've got too much to vent that it's not worth repeating it over and over again (if I did, this would be the 3rd time). It doesn't seem to release the stress or tension that I need to get rid of. Nothing gets resolved from venting anymore. I have come to the conclusion that I'm depressed and reaching the anger stage of grief. Self sabotage and blah blah...I'm really trying to NOT do the poor me crap. I've got people I can complain about too, but I need to work my issues out with them to get them resolved. -Sigh- Really, I wish it was as easy to just vent and feel better....

And wow...that person you're talking about...I've known people like that oddly enough.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 3:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When she calls let her know that you are studying and don't have time to talk. Or just don't answer your phone after a while she should get the message.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sounds like she might be a little depressed in some way and can't seem to get over her bad habits. Maybe she needs a friend to help guide her along??? Not saying her problems are yours, but at times it helps to have a true friend and one that can provide tough love for her could be a good thing in the long run. Maybe when she buys McNastys, you could come up with a simple but pleasent "I know you like McNastys, but didn't your kids need some pants too??" Some people need to be guided, but most of all a friend.
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 9:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• tell her flat out that you are no longer interested in a friendship with her.
    I had to do that at one point, a girl that DH and I gave a ride to, after that she would come up to us like 'you are driving me home right?'
    then she made comments pertaining to the idea that she expected us to take her home every night.

so I one day told her what would would be expecting in gas reimbursement, then she responded with 'I see no need to pay you since it's on your way'
    So I told her that we wouldn't be driving her anymore, and if we felt the need to contact her again we would do so.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011