Is this outfit inapropriate or is he just being dificult

My daughter (the one in the dark pink shirt) was told by her father (my ex) that this outfit was inapropraite

he then called me(it is now midnight here) and told me why would i let my daughter out of the house dressed like that,im sorta lost it was NOT cold today and the outfit isnt revealing anything
am i missing something here?is this outfit inappropriate to you for a 8 year old? and then he goes on to say that i make a difference between my oldest and my youngest (not his daughter)because i would never let her walk out the house dressed like that &that i dress my oldest like shes a grown woman and im not teaching her self respect...how would he know what i teach my kids?i have no clue but someone tell me if there's a difference in these outfits and tell me why you think that he thinks the first one is inapropriate

this is my youngest & what she wore to school today also

Photobucket

LABELmeCUTE

Asked by LABELmeCUTE at 3:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I don't think that any of the outfits on any of the girls are inappropriate at all. I think he's over reacting.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I see nothing differnt other than a necklace lol. Sounds like you ex just wants something to argue about with you. I feel for you, that little girl is going to be a teen someday and he's REALLY not going to like that. Both of those outfitts are stylish. Yes they both are mini versions of what some young women wear but it's nothing revealing like you said.
    SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 4:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• He is an idiot and causing drama lol That isn't bad at all, my hubby's stepmom's daughter dresses far more inappropriate with her low cut tops and super short mini skirts and she is 12 I swear she looks like a lil'hooker! But your girl, she looks fine and adorable tell him to get a life lol
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 4:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• He's overreacting! All the outfit are cute.
    Ash414

Answer by Ash414 at 5:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think they are dressed very nicely! Very cute!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 5:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I dont see any problem. I asked my DH and he said it looked normal to him too. We're not talking Daisy Dukes and midrifts here.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• he is way overreacting, those are both outfits my own kids would wear. they both look very cute :)
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 6:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• it is fine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 6:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nothing wrong, your ex is just being a douche-bag. When you drop them off with him, just make sure they look real good but super modest. My dad was a freak with how i dressed, it seemed everything i wore was in appropriate when i was young. But, he was just old school.

He sounds very immature & also sounds like a drama queen. NOT a reason to be concerned.

Your girls are super-duper gorgeous by the way!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Is he having a problem with the necklaces? I can't see ANYTHING else that could possibly be construed as "too mature," but they're not mature jewelry, they're colored plastic necklaces like my daughter has in her dress-up box. WTH? I think he just wants to find fault with you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2011