What's the longest you've stayed awake without falling asleep?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 4:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• When I was 12 I was awake for 4 or 5 days before I finally passed out. I was hallucinating and basically in a daze the last 2 days. It was not something that I'd like to repeat.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• hmmm, i'd say only 48 hours lol
    BMariee

Answer by BMariee at 4:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• A day lol
    heartsicksiren

Answer by heartsicksiren at 4:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well they say you die after 3 straight days, so you'd have to have rested or napped for a little without realizing it. Anyways the longest I went was 36 hours when we were on guard duty in the Army and the reliving shift didn't relieve us, so we got screwed into pulling their shift, too. Needless to say we were all pretty cranky and needing a shower when we were done.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Recently? 26 hours. When I was a teen? Way more than that. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Probably about 48 hours. Then I just crash.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think my longest recently was almost 48 hours. My DD was in the hospital and they weren't sure what was wrong with her, the ended up putting her in a coma, That first day, night and day was crazy hard. I will day that I do think you might sleep off and on a little because my DD got sick again the first weekend in December and she didn't sleep for 4 days and 3 nights. I know she cat napped a little and by the 4th day she was totally delusional.

After sleeping she woke up completely better!

cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 7:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Around 40-48 hours. I used to stay up for 36 every Sunday/Monday due to work and then watching the kids on Monday.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 2 years ago my daughter had cleft surgery and her airway started swelling so they had to keep her sadated with a tube down her throat for 3 days and I was awake the whole time cause every hour she was fighting through trying to wake up,so we had to hold her down til they gave her more meds,it was so hard to see my baby like that.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• 48 hrs...man, I do NOT miss retail!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011