Shoes for working out

I HAVE to buy a new pair of shoes appropriate for working out! I want something that's going to be good all around (good support, comfort, etc.), but I am totally clueless about where to start (it's been about 7 years since I shopped for this type of shoe lol).

What would you recommend/What are your favorite shoes to work out in?

**I do intend to REALLY shop around before buying, I'm just looking for a starting point, like a certain brand or something.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 4:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Shopping

• I'm still looking for the perfect sneaker. I have spend so much money on nice sneakers, but they don't last. I'll walk for like 6 months in them before they start to break down. I now go to target & get the $30 sneakers they have there. They're not "perfect", but they works great & IMO, they are just as comfy & they last just as long as the New Balances i bought for a long time.

I'm so curious about those weird walking shoes that are supposed to tone your butt & legs. I walk around so much, I'm curious if they'd work...or if they are even comfortable. I can't find any reviews anywhere that says they're worth the buy.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My most recent buy is a pair of Nike Air Motos. I've been very happy with them, but then, I'm fairly easy to fit as I don't have any under or over- pronation, any variation in the width of my foot, etc. It is definitely important to get fitted by someone who knows what they're doing and will be aware of any "special needs" you have, so to speak.

Here's the Air Moto I got a few months ago...before that, I had a pair of the Nike Bowerman series. I've always liked Nikes.

vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Avia is my most favorite trainers! They are comfy straight out of the box! I've been purchasing them for years now, after extensive research. Avia is the best!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm so curious about those weird walking shoes that are supposed to tone your butt & legs. I walk around so much, I'm curious if they'd work...or if they are even comfortable.

A friend of mine bought a pair from KMart and let me try them on when she bought them and OMG they were sooo comfy IMO lol. I have problems with my feet and ankles and they gave so much support for my arches.... I'm buying a pair of those, as well.
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nike is my favorite brand of running shoe. I've tried New Balance, Avia, and Addidas, but I'm always disappointed and end up going back to Nike. Although, one pair I had, oh maybe 7 or 8 years ago, were my all time favorite pair. I should have bought more of them while they were still being sold.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:57 PM on Feb. 16, 2011