Is there a virus going around on facebook instant messaging?

I got an odd message about 6:30 AM from an old friend of mine wanting me to take some quiz... several red flags
1. He never answered any of my questions (how did his valentines day go?, why was he us this early?, or nothing)
2. Every message he sent came twice, but with minor changes..... hang on I'll copy/paste message here.....
Him~Hey brandi, happy valentines day!!
Me~Hey Robert, Happy Valentines day... How was was your day?
Him~I want u to try something real quick
Him~I want you to try something real quick
Me~k
Him~okay , take this quiz and tell me what you get.. i can't get over like a 108, its ridiculous http://www.facebookiqs.co/invite/aqdv, becky scored like a 112 and i have been trying to beat them!!
Him~ok brandi, try this test and see what you get.. I can't get over like a 105, its sad http://facebookiqquiz.co/invite/aqdt, becky got like a 112 and I've been trying to beat them!! Me~what's the quiz about?
Him~lemme know what you score please
Me~I cant pull it up it says error
Me~hello? Me~.......
I noticed several things that didnt make since.He is not a quiz taker and I have NEVER known him to be up this early b4. I just dont think it was him so, I never went to the links that were sent. I wonder if anyone else has had this happen?????

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 7:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Technology

• I haven't gotten anything, but that sounds spam-ish or something! I never click on those things and they seem to show up all the time! I wouldn't click on anything and message him in a new message to see what is up.
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• FB has hackers getting into profiles and sending messages to people's friends saying they were robbed, in a foreign country and need money....I had several friend have that happen so I'm sure the spam has carried over into chat.

how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't know, left fb a while ago. Too much drama and also hacking going on from outside sorces.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 7:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yea dont press on any links in the future
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 8:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• not facebook but on yahoo chat i got the same thing and it was wierd, the same person said the same thing like weeks later. I told him to send me a link and he never did. That was the same exact conversation though!
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 8:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The same thing happened to me yesterday. Someone posted and wishing everyone Happy V-day. Then I received all the responses, even though I didn't post anything on it.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:51 AM on Feb. 15, 2011