what questions can i ask to get to know my fiance better

heavensangel5

Asked by heavensangel5 at 11:25 PM on Nov. 17, 2008 in Relationships

• I'm sorry but shouldn't you already "know" your FIANCE before you got engaged? If I'm going to marry someone I'm going to pretty much know their life and he will know mine.
    Anonymous

• I agree with the above. You should pretty much know EVERYTHING BEFORE he became your fiance'.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:33 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I agree to but you know what? I go tmarried to my husband on our 10 month together and been married for 6 years and i'm still learning him. You learn as you grow and live to together you never will know him all the way.
    blessed1993

Answer by blessed1993 at 11:38 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• You people are so damn judgmental! If you're not going to answer her question, then don't respond. My hubby and I used to play this game when we were dating. I would ask him a question or tell him something he didn't know about me and then he would ask me. We went back and forth for hours. Some of it was silly, like where would you like to honeymoon or vacation, and other times it was more serious, what do you regret the most, what was your best moment, if you could relive one day, etc. We would ask questions about sex, love, the past, our exes, EVERYTHING. btw, the sex questions were mostly coming from him lol. After a few months, we had pretty much talked about EVERYTHING.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:40 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• Sister ignore the rudeness! A great book hubby and I did was "101 Questions to ask before you get engaged" great book it covered areas we never thought to cover. Are you compatible as far as birth order. Hubby and I are ;) blessings.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:48 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• A great book also is "The birth order connection" by Kevin Leman. Its very interesting.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 11:52 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• My fiance and I are still learning each other and to some extent you always will. But he and I figured we couldn't think of anything else to ask or do to get to know each other so we went to the bookstore and purchased a questionaire type of book that sparked great conversation. Some people on here are very surface thinkers but I understand your question and there isn't anything wrong with it.. like I said everyone is probably still learning their mate.. Not to mention many people that have been married many years will tell you its best if you always focus on each other as though you are learning and want to learn about each other and the phase of life you are in. God Bless and You'll be fine!! Take Care.
    cristy832

Answer by cristy832 at 11:56 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• How long have u been together? I knew my husband 6 month's to the date that we got married and we have 3 kids and have been married 5 1/2 years and I am still learning. And thing's that u didn't know about them come out after u get married, just like underwear left on the floor. so u know in your heart what u want to know about them so just ask? I also like the idea about the game, ask him to sit with you and take turns asking ?'s, or both of u write down things that u want to know and swap paper's. But u have to make sure that what ever u ask that u r really ready for the answer, DON'T get mad about what the other has to say.
    supermomof924

Answer by supermomof924 at 11:59 PM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I don't think you ever know anyone completely. And I think it is wise to use her engagement period to continue to find out about him. Better now than after the wedding. But even after the wedding, she will continue to find things out she never knew.

Anyway, good questions to ask if you don't already know are things about when to have children, finances - who will pay the bills. Will you continue higher education. Religious practices. Will you be a stay at home mom, etc.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 12:05 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• Try this, it's fun!!!

http://www.amazon.com/1001-Questions-Ask-Before-Married/dp/0071438033

A couple came into my work, they had just bought it! So I came up to them to wait on their table and they said "Can I ask you a question?" and asked me something out of the book! I thought it was awesome, and cute that they were going to do that book together!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:29 AM on Nov. 18, 2008