I just need to clarify something up....

Wiccans do no harm, they don't judge, and 9 out of 10 of them will not bash anyone for what they believe. We follow "do no harm" and most of us follow that you believe in what you want because that is the path that you are called upon in this lifetime. Please, Please, do not confuse that every Witch is Wiccan, because that just isn't true. Every Wiccan is a Witch, but not every Witch is Wiccan.

It is the same concept for Christianity, not every Christian is Catholic or Protestant, but every Catholic and Protestant are Christian.

I understand that it's confusing, it's even confusing to me at times. But, please just remember just because someone calls themselves a witch, it doesn't mean they fall into the Wiccan beliefs.

Brightest Blessings!

kitchenwitch78

Asked by kitchenwitch78 at 7:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP... This has always been a "Misconception" with many ppl that Wiccan's/Witches and Pagan's are all of
    the same beliefs/religion and it's not.
    Thank you for sharing the awareness of the difference...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• What are the other categories witches can be in? Are there warlocks? [zoeyis] 
    "Witch" is a term for both sexes. Doesn't matter if they are male or female. Others may disagree with me, but "warlock" is more of a Hollyweird/Fluffy Bunny term. 

Witches can be from ANY religion or none at all (Atheists). Witchcraft is a practice, not a religion

so...are you a good witch or a bad witch? [shay]
    Shay, I'm a Badass Good Witch!!! *grin* 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• oh take the stick our of ur arse.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• From what I see and understand a witch is a witch no matter how you slice it... a wiccan witch a satanic witch and so on. There are no Christian witches though... they do not mix. You are one or the other. [shane] 

Really? Are you serious? 

*shakes head at the ignorance and walks away*

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Great point, there are a lot of misconceptions about Wicca.

I'm a Buddhist and people believe that I am a vegetarian. Not all of us are :) I've also been asked if any of my friends have lit themselves on fire, but that's a rant for a different day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That makes perfect sense. To be honest I've never thought about it before.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• so...are you a good witch or a bad witch?

hehe..jk
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I knew that, but thanks for making others aware. ~namaste~
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Shelby - no difference than Christians being judgmental or breaking the 10 commandments or Muslims killing others; there are followers of the core beliefs and others who hold a version of the fundamental Wiccan value system.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "Badass Good Witch" LOVE IT!!! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011