Does anyone else have this?

Does anyone else have Fibromaylgia and how do you handle the pain. What are your symptoms and are you taking anything for this and if so what medicine?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• I was diagnosed with it years ago, but I'm not sure if I really have it. The symptoms can be so general. I had injections for the trigger points, anti-inflammatory or cortisone medcines for pain, and antidepressants for sleep. You have to find a good rheumatologist and they should be able to give you some good ideas. Sorry you're going through this. I know what a rough thing it can be. I have a friend who has it as well.
    caseypixie

Answer by caseypixie at 8:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I had it until 3.5 years ago. I was heading for a wheelchair. Alway the random pain with bad sleep, poor thinking and vision and headaches but increasingly serious attacks where I was afraid to drive . . . Almost the heck of it I tried a completely gluten and dairy free diet wondering if the theories about leaky gut syndrome and the link to autoimmune diseases had anything in them. BINGO! Within 3 weeks I was radically different and in 3 months I was perfectly fine. I had desperately difficult withdrawal symptoms and die-off, as they call it. But I am a new woman with a fully able life and future. PLEASE TRY A GLUTEN AND DAIRYFREE DIET!

Atleast Google it? How about this for starters: http://drfuhrman.com/disease/Other.aspx

All the very very best xxx

ShabbyFlora

Answer by ShabbyFlora at 9:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011