Do u know?

any smoker run in the marathon how hard is it or fast walking I want to join in one but I am a smoker and dont know if I can run for long time.I tryed lol but Icouldnt go far.one coming on may and I need help how yall get ready for it what u do run or walk everyday?plss any help

Bihter

Asked by Bihter at 8:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know smokers that run! It takes conditioning, you have to run at least 4 times a week, increasing your distance every few times.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• thanx thats what I need it to hear : )
    Bihter

Comment by Bihter (original poster) at 8:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sure, running as a smoker is better than not exercising at all, but believe me when I say that you have diminished lung capacity and will probably never be able to be competitive with real runners because of it. Not trying to put you down, but as both a runner and a former smoker, I speak from experience. Unless you have some sort of superlungs, lol, you'd be a better long-distance runner if you could quit smoking.
    Good luck either way!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I understand what ur saying and it is true.thank you for ur answer :)
    Bihter

Comment by Bihter (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011