Freaking out about werid stuff

So my daughter is almost 3 and shes starting to freak out about really werid stuff. Like last night I told her that Ashley was coming over to colorer mommys hair and she flipped out! She was screaming and crying screaming NO NO NO I LIKE YOUR HAIR. So ended up not doing it. She also flips out when Ash cuts my hair. Or the other day she flipped out when I said I was going to wash her sheets she said NO NO NO I LOVE THEM. I started working again a few months ago I don't know if that has something to do with it. Shes always been really protective of me, but this is all kinda strange. Any idea what all this could be??

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 8:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• it is just a phase, it will pass
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 9:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• With you going back to work, her routine has changed so she wants other things to stay the same (her sheets, your hair, etc.). It sounds like a phase but maybe you can casually teach her about changes (ie. caterpillar into butterfly) or how pretty an ugly room can look if you paint it a new lovely color. Seeing change and the good in it will make it less scary and uncertain for her.
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Some people, like me, just have issues with change. I HATE change.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 3:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011