Can you speak any other languages (a little, fluently, somewhere in between)?

If so, which languages? Why? How did you learn???

Thanks!

ShabbyFlora

Asked by ShabbyFlora at 9:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Toddler lol
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes I am multilingual. I can speak spanish some what fluently when I am around my family. It was actually my first language. I also speak English obviously. I also studied French, and learned some Arabic in college. I would not consider myself at all fluent in Arabic, and mostly can say minor things like whats your name, where is the bathroom and things like that in French.

Answer by gemgem at 9:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I fluently speak Spanish and English, and a bit of Italian, only because it is very similar to Spanish, Spanish was my first language and you never forget that, and English I learned in my native Cuba before arriving here, 50 years ago, then polished it even more here.

Answer by older at 9:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I've studied a fair few but I'm not fluent in any but English. Japanese and French are probably my best.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• french. it was taught at my high school. took it in college than.
    boobarandbell

Answer by boobarandbell at 9:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I understand most Tagalog, but I can't speak it (both of my parents are Filipino).
    I knew enough phrases to get around Japan (because we used to live there, on base)
    I crammed Spanish (since i was 'forced' to learn in High school, and was the best at it)
    but ever since i graduated i can't remember most of what i learned. haha!
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 9:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I took German for 6 years in school-- and I still remember some of it! I do speak it once in a while when I call my friend in Germany....
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• French.... college....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I try to learn as much as I can in spanish & Japanese.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I understand conversational Spanish and French, but don't speak either very well...just enough to get by. But, I am proud to say that I'm told I have very little accent with either. :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 12:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011