Tell me about the public transportation in your town.

We have buses that run at infrequent times and to very limited locations.
They are expensive and not well used.
But the heavy traffic problem is getting to be horrible.
I plan my outings around traffic.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 9:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Travel

• I live in downtown/city center of Portland Oregon. We have an AMAZING public transit system. It is ranked one of the best in the nation. We have a bus system, a train system and a streetcar system. The bus and train both run from the wee hours to the wee hours..lol. ¬†They only stop for a few hours on most routes for maintenance and cleaning. Most busses and trains run every 15 minutes on weekdays. With some changes for weekends and holidays.The streetcar is predominately downtown from Portland State University, over into NW Portland by a major hospital. You can take the busses and train from Portland to: The airport way outside of downtown, Gresham, Clackamas, Hillsboro, Tigard, and any place in between. We have main routes, and offshoots into more residential areas. We also have park and ride centers for the areas outside of Portland that the bus/train travel to. I have not owned a car in over 20 years, don't need one.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2011

• We don't have any.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:16 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We dont have much of anything. Recently they did start some green bus transportation. Its actually called something "Green". But you have to actually call them and ask them to come get you and then to take you home, and you pay for it. I have no idea how much. We have taxis but I dont think they count.

Answer by gemgem at 9:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I live by a big city so they're pretty great but unfortunately the traffic is awful and so is the state of the buses and trains. They smell, they're constantly sticky and there's often drunk people aboard them.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 9:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It's small and undependable. It's not expensive though so that helps. It takes all day to make connections for a round trip journey in this small town that would take about 30 min by car.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i live in a small town, we don't have any public transportation, if i wanted to go to the store i could walk about 1/2 a mile to get whatever i needed lol (but i choose to drive)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We dont have any.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• LOL around here it's called "buy your own car and drive it on public streets". We don't have any either.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011