I dont know what to do?

So I'm dating my sons father in secret because I know my parents don't approve. I'm 20 with a 1 yr old son and I live with my parents because of financial setbacks. I feel like I'm grown but I'm scared that if I tell them then they may kick me out. Their not mean ppl an.d I don't think they would but things would def be tense. Also I let him claim our son on his taxes because he can get the child tax credit and I can't. I can't because I didn't have a household that I myself paid for. Now I did get the money from him for it so its not like I didn't, but my parents are like since they know I can't file my son that they can since I've lived here the past 2010. I'm not gonna lie to my parents, the thing is I'm just afraid of what the outcome may be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• Your parents have rightful use of this tax credit. They are providing a roof over yours and the child's head.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 9:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "I feel like I'm grown but I'm scared ... "

Saying it and doing it are 2 different things. The right thing isn't always the easiest thing but it would show a sign of real maturity.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Try to be honest with your parents. They love you and want the best for you and your LO. What is the reason that they disapprove of your child's father?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:43 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Growing up is scary and you mature through the learning process of trial and error. Good luck.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:47 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Personally I think it's pretty shitty that you let him claim the child when your parents are providing for you and your child. If he is 7 years older than you and the father of your child and you want to "escape home" then why don't you move in with him? If the answer is he can't afford to take care of all of you, then you definitely screwed your parents over as far as taxes are concerned. I am speaking from experience as I moved out at 18, got married and had 2 kids. It is rough when your young and raising kids. Get an education if you don't have one and make a better life for you and your child :).
    sweetiepie8540

Answer by sweetiepie8540 at 9:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I really don't understand what you are asking. If he already claimed him there is nothing to do but tell them and deal with it. Understand it may be hard but its already done
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 10:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Perhaps your parents don't approve because he is not fully supporting you and the child, so they are doing it. That's a pretty valid reason for them not wanting you to "date" him. I assume that includes sex. And what happens if you get pregnant again? Another child for your parents to support?
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• They disapprove because he is 7 years older than me
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh shutup you did not get married your just saying that so yo ass will sound better. What the f*ck ever
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Who contributed the most to your son's support, your parents or the baby daddy? I'm assuming your parants did, because you are living with them. Are you doing anything towards your and the baby's support? If you can't live by the rules they want, then you should move out. Simple as that. If you are an adult, then you support yourself and your child, if you're not doing that, then you can't consider yourself an adult.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 1:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011