what are some warning signs of a blot clot?

what are some warning signs of a blood clot in the lower leg?

skymonroe_1019

Asked by skymonroe_1019 at 12:01 AM on Nov. 18, 2008 in Health

• It's called a (DVT) Deep Vein Thrombosis. It may be red and warm and painful or tender. Possibly swollen. DO NOT rub or massage your leg if you suspect one. This can cause the clot to break loose and travel. Can be life threatening! You can sit on your floor or bed with your legs out in front of you. Gently pull the tops of your feet toward your body. If it causes pain, it's probably a blot clot and DO NOT repeat this procedure. See your doctor. He will put u on meds to dissolve the clot.
    pinkink

Answer by pinkink at 12:10 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• If you are having pains and what the first comment said you need to be seen asap. The doctor will do leg ultra sound and if you do have one. They will keep you in the hospital to fix the clot. A clot in a vein is nothing to toy around with.

I suspected myself of having one and had the ultrasound. It is painless and mine turned out to be nothing. The Ultra sound tech when I had asked her how everything looked. She said well all I can tell you is that if it was a clot we would not let you leave the hospital.
    nyteowl

Answer by nyteowl at 1:53 AM on Nov. 18, 2008

• I have had 2 DVT's. You would have pain in the back of your leg- in your calves. You could also have some swelling in your lower leg. My pain started out like a strange little pain, I thought I had slept on it strange or something. THen- it got worse and worse til I could barely walk. (don't wait this long....) But I was lucky enough to have it found and treated. The test where you pull your toe up and it causes pain is a good test. If you have that pain- go to the doctor or ER ASAP!!!!
    Greenbeans422

Answer by Greenbeans422 at 5:01 PM on Nov. 18, 2008