What do you think of this quote?

I was looking for another quote a little while ago, and happened to find this one and thought it was interesting--especially since I felt it was somewhat related to a few recent questions here on CM. I hadn't read it before, and since the author is unknown I don't know for sure if they were referring to a specific religion or just fundamentalism in religions around the world in general.

Do you agree or disagree?

"Fundamentalism means never having to say 'I'm wrong.'"
-- unknown

pam19

Asked by pam19 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Agree.  Anyone who is extreme in their opinion will always believe they are 100% right.  It doesn't matter whether that opinion is religious, political or social.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Do not agree or disagree. Too vague.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Based on this definition: strict adherence to the fundamental principles of any set of beliefs
    I would agree.
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 9:57 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would have to agree. I think it applies to politics more than religion.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think it's kinda funny.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 9:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I laughed. funny in so many ways.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Hilarious! I agree.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 10:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

---

It can definite be applied to either one, but I laughed when I read it because it made me think of a few answers on the So who is right? question and a couple answers I've received recently on my questions from a couple people. There are a couple religions that I know of that have some people who consider themselves to be 'fundamentalists'. They are usually the first to tell you that 'you are wrong', and don't seem to know that they can be wrong sometimes too or that there are things no one knows for sure. So, it can definitely apply to religion and politics and maybe anywhere in life that someone won't allow others to think, believe or interpret things differently than they do without telling them that they are 'wrong' or not 'true' to that path or religion. Anyway, I just thought it was a funny quote.
    pam19

Comment by pam19 (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• *definitely
    pam19

• WAY TOTALLY AGREE
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2011