How do I get an eyelash out of my dd's eye?

My 8 month old has an eyelash in her eye and it isn't moving to the corner or coming out on its own. How do I get it out?

KateMT

Asked by KateMT at 11:52 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• its hard to do, but when my son had one last week, i got ahold of him and blew, gently, into his eye and finally one part popped out and i was able to grab it. GL
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 12:08 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• dampen a q-tip and gently touch it to the cornea where the eyelash is. If it doesn't remove easily, take her to the optometrist. Corneal abrasions can be very painful.
    lawmom623

Answer by lawmom623 at 12:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• If you can't get an edge up to grab like trentntats suggested, you can flood his eye with saline solution. Look in the contacts/eye care section for a large squirt bottle of sterile saline. It's pretty cheap.
    You might need help to do this though - someone to gently hold his head at an angle while you squirt in the saline. Also, this will NOT sting but he will not like having something put in his eye.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Can you put one drop of WATER in her eye. Maybe if you lay her on her side & then drip one drop of water, the eyelash will "float" to the corner of the eye. Good luck.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• yea.. what crazysocks said.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 8, 2008