Toy recommedation for 2 1/2? (PIOG)

My nephew and his wife just welcomed their 2nd child this morning. In addition to a baby gift, we're also going to send something to the big brother (who will be 3 in June) I'm completely out of touch with the 'hot' items in the toddler set. ;) I need some ideas!

What does your 2 to 3 year old boy love most?

Thanks for the input! We want to make him feel special too! I remember bring my 2nd home. As much as my oldest adored her, it was hard for him to share the attention sometimes. We're trying to make sure the big bro feels included in all the baby hoopla!

ldmrmom

Asked by ldmrmom at 10:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Duplo - Lego for the preschool set.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Hot wheels, anything from cartoons (mickey mouse, handy manny, dora, spongebob)
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*LEAP FROG*~... hit the toy isle, leap frog has all kinds and they learn while they play
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When my dd was born, my sister got my son a stuffed monkey, he was only 18 months, but he still sleeps with it!
    Right now now, my son will be 3 next month, and he plays with his train set, his hot wheels cars, and anything toys story.
    We got my son a book about becoming a big brother, and he will still bring it to us to read.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Mickey Mouse Club house toys.

Or since he just got a baby sister, something that says Big Brother on it? Or something he can cuddle with?

Maybe some play doh activity set?

How much do you want to spend? I can get you more ideas if you tell me your budget.
    Dalimonster

Answer by Dalimonster at 10:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sorry about the ig font. I don't know how to make it smaller. It was a copy/paste thing.
    Dalimonster

• Dalimonster - I'm not sure, actually. Something in the range of $20-$30?

Babybugsmama - My son was 2 1/2 when DD was born. He loved his "I'm a big brother now" book and whenever he'd hear a friend his age was going to have a sibling, he'd tell me "Get him the big brother book. It helped me a lot." LOL! We sent something like it to my nephew for Christmas.

Thanks for the ideas Ladies! My kids are now 8 1/2 and 6 1/2. It's been a while since I shopped for a 2 year old without a wish list in my hands. ;)
    ldmrmom

Comment by ldmrmom (original poster) at 10:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Great! I know B likes Toy Story. I'm betting when I let my kids help narrow down the choices - my 6 year old going to pick the Imaginext Pig ship featuring Hamm. :) She LOVES that darn pig!
    ldmrmom

Comment by ldmrmom (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011