Whom do i talk to about it?

i think my daughter is tongue tied, shes having alot of trouble saying some letters and cant say some at all, its making it extremely hard to get her ready for pre-k this fall.

do i talk to her dr or her dentist? she was just at the dentist about 2 months ago and he didnt say anything, but she does have a dr app and im going to bring it up to him but wasnt sure if he was the one to talk to about it.

ashleywilkerson

Asked by ashleywilkerson at 10:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• The Dr.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:14 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would call your pediatrician and see if they have any suggestions on who and where to go next ;o)
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 10:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• you need speech therapy and a developmental evaluation by development specialists
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The dentist will not do a thing, teeth has nothing to do with this, ask her doctor.

Answer by older at 10:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Speech therapist. It does not sound like she is ready for pre-k.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• the pre-k here has a speech therapist in the school but she has to be recommended by the dr to see her. she goes to the dr thursday and i will see what he wants to do, Thanks
    ashleywilkerson

Comment by ashleywilkerson (original poster) at 11:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would say her doctore....Even though she might have a speak problem that doesnt mean she cant go to pre school...then if that was the case they would want her to go and give her speech therapty...my daughter is going to be 4yr next month and she goes to early pre-school and there are kids in her class that have speeak problems and they get extra with their speak before school or after school..Talk to the doctore and if its not bc of her tongue then talk to the school department and see what they want to do...good luck
    Mamato2angels

Answer by Mamato2angels at 11:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Call your public school district. Mine offered free speech assessments AND therapy if he/she qualifies. I looked up private after my son's doctor recommended it (which most insurance does NOT cover) and it's like $350 a session!
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 2:40 PM on Feb. 15, 2011