I am 15 weeks pregnant today please read

First of all since I found out I was pregnant I have had cramps in my lower abdomen nothing bad just like menstral cramps although if you push on my abdomen it doesn't hurts not a lot. Erll for the last few weeks my lower abdomen will go numb. Well today after cleaning my legs kinda were numb and my lower abdomen was numb. I also ever since I found out I was pregnant I get this pain in my private almost like a throbing pain that only last for about a second. I got to the doctor again next Thursday, but why does this keep happening what does this sound like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• well first of all call your doctor now!!!! but the cramps may be caused from mild dehydration if you are not experiencing any bleeding or discharge drink lots and lots of water and see if that helps the cramping..i had that at about 16 weeks or so and it really does help..but as for the numbness and everything definitely call your doctor immediately they are there to help you even when its not your appt...my dr made me promise if anything happened i would call him or go to the hospital cuz he didnt want anything to happen to me between visits
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 10:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• THIS IS SO NORMAL! :) No need to worry, the pain is from your abdomen stretching and getting ready for baby...same with your pelvic, your hips are widening, etc. The numbness is from loss of blood flow. Your body is pumping blood to your baby now to, so its normal ") Definatly still check with your doctor! I am 18 weeks, have the same crampy feelings like my period is gonna start any moment, and my legs fall asleep SO easily!! Good luck with your pregnancy, it sounds like everything is going great!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 10:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I agree with Tarrar, and definitely give a call to your doctor just to make sure they don't have any additional concerns. It never hurts to call and believe me, they are used to it. I also think these might be some signs that you need to take it easy- take frequent breaks from what you are doing to rest for a few minutes, make sure you are eating right and drinking A LOT of water, and getting plenty of rest.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If you're moving around a lot and suddenly go numb, lay down on your left side. Laying on your left side will help improve blood flow. If it takes more than a few minutes for full feeling to return, I'd definitely contact your doc. It could be a sign that your baby is not getting the blood flow s/he needs too. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It is all normal. Weird but normal.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011