Does this sound like a good potty training plan?

For the first week I am going to take him every 30 minutes and every time he pees give him like 2 m&ms and if he poops a small toy from the $ store. Then the second week and maybe third week I'll tell him if he wants candy/toy he has to go without me telling him. Then after that he should be done hopefully! He'll be 3 in April.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Every 30 min could be a bit much. My little guy is going to be 3 in Sept here is what we are doing. I put him in BIG BOY undies or naked. have him in there every hour and a half ( in the mean I watch him like a hawk) I sit him on the potty often with a juice box and snack and a book. I have found if I am busy cleaning the bathroon or organizing tht is when he pees! We have a good job party and he gets a few m and m's or a sucker if he goes GL to you
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I did something similar when my son was potty training. I would take him every 30 minutes, I would set a timer on my Ipod and no matter where we were, home or out running errands, we would go potty every 30 minutes. My reward was the mini m&m's, they were easy to carry in my purse. So once he started telling me he didn't have to go every 30 minutes, I would increase the time by 5-10 minutes. My reason for doing this is because he would NOT tell me when he had to go. He was perfectly capable of going, or telling me he had to, he just wouldn't. So after doing this for a few weeks, he started telling me when he had to go & no more timer! :)
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Oh, and we did one m&m for pee and two for poop. :)
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 16, 2011