Potty training!

My son will be 3 next month and he still won't tell me when he has to go. 6 months ago I strews potty training, and every time I would check or change him, I'd have his sit on the potty. He does great, goes potty almost all the time, and only goes through 1-2 diapers a day, but he won't tell me has to pee. We did the underwear with the pastiche covers for a week and he didn't seemed fazed when he wet in them. It's so frustrating! We have done the stickers charts, the prizes, candy, you name it, we have probably tried it. He just doesn't seem interested in going by himself. Any ideas? He comes to me when he has an accident, but not when he has to go..... Help!!!

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 10:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds like he isn't ready. Some kids don't potty train until right up to kindergarden.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• this might souns AWFUL but it worked for us after rewards did not ( and we tried EVERYTHING I could think of) my son was 3 and we couldnt get him to poop on the potty so I told him that each time he had an accident I would take something away. started with movies in my bed ---he loved.... toy trains... his passy (YEA!!- he never got that one back!!!) and when it came down to his blanket 4 days later we were cured HE DID NOT want to loose that and thanlkfully 5 years later still has not had another poop accident!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011