Wondering

ive been having contractions lately but recently ive been having weird pains in my stomach not contractions they keep me up most of the night i go to my doc on friday but last night i had a strange pain in my leg and up i could barely walk im only 26 weeks now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like you pinched a nerve. I know you can take Ibuprofrin and switch heat and ice. If you can go to a chiroprator that might help too. But ask your OB first.
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 10:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Not to worry....I had the same thing around 30 weeks pregnant, it was so painful to put pressure on my legs--It hurt soooo bad to move around in the bed. I went to the Dr and she said it was round ligament pain...Nothing to worry about--she said it is perfectly normal in the second trimester. It lasted about a week or so, and then it just went away and I never had that pain again. It could also be your sciatic nerve which can get stressed during pregnancy.
    While it is probably a perfectly normal pain, I would still go to the Dr and let him check it out because it could be something more serious....It is always better safe then sorry when it comes to your precious baby.

Congrats on the baby, I hope you feel better soon!
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 11:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011