Do you think the economy is getting better or WORSE? EXPLAIN?

avilio54

Asked by avilio54 at 10:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Neither. We are just getting use to it.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• In my opinion it's already peaked and starting to get better. My company has hired 12 people in the past 3 months and business is steadily improving. My bils business has doubled in sales since this time last year. Aside from the housing market which will take longer to recover I feel the worst is over.
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 12:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I don't think it's really getting any better. Just last week two of my friends were laid off (I get to add them to the long list of people I know who lost their jobs in the past two years). People are still struggling in many parts of the country, and the pains from the housing market problems are being felt even in places that were once thought safe from those troubles. The worst may be over, but there is very, very little improvement at this point.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Worse. The debt is going to strangle us.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 1:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I feel you answered my question even though it HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    avilio54

Comment by avilio54 (original poster) at 1:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I feel that the temporary help that the government has 'injected' the economy with has stagnated things a bit. I feel it will get worse since we can't afford to keep propping up a faltering economy. I feel that things are going to get worse. They aren't getting better where I am.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Some improvement in the legal sector, I am hoping things will improve.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Unfortunately, the bottom hasn't fallen out YET!! But in about 6 months time, when all of Obama's "industry propping" expires, THEN we'll see the TRUE recession begin to bottom out.

I'd still like to know what Obama's LONG RANGE plans are to get us out of what WILL be a DEPRESSION...because I can guarantee that "high speed rail systems" and "Corporate WiFi" are NOT going to cut it!! *sigh*

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I know it's not better, I see it every time I go grocery shopping. Everything costs more, food, gas, electricity, water, health insurance, you name it and economists say that it ALL, is going to cost even more...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 8:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Better, if only slightly. My husband is in technology sales to companies and he's finally getting some business back. Not at all like before, but better than the previous 6 months or so.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 8:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011