Potty training questions/book recommendation

Hi ladies! I am getting ready to embark on the adventure of potty training my DD who will be 2 1/2 soon. She has shown signs of readiness and is very excited about big girl panties.

First off, I'm wondering if you Moms advise going straight to panties or having her wear pull ups at first? Also, did you day time train first and leave the diaper on at night for a while? I think she will get the hang of it during the day, but she still has very wet diapers in the morning and she is a deep sleeper so I am concerned about night time training a bit, but I don't want to send mixed messages.

Lastly, does anyone have any good book recommendations on the subject of potty training? I'm sure there are lots of books out there and I am wondering what has been helpful to you all.
Thanks!

MaryMW

Asked by MaryMW at 10:27 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• During the day go right to panties. Stay home for 3 days. Take her every 1/2 hour at first. she'll have accidents the first 2 days, but stay positive. Night time training can take years. Don't pressure her about that now. Stick with pull ups to sleep. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Thanks mompam. I always hear once you start to not go back to diapers but then I read somewhere not to stop nighttime diapers too soon so I was confused. Your answer was very helpful!
    MaryMW

Comment by MaryMW (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2011