Would you be suspicious? - LONG!

I am pregnant and hormonal, so I don’t know if I am overreacting, so I need some opinions, please! And PLEASE don’t bash me for asking this question.

DH is a store manager at a restaurant. Monday’s he has to work late to do inventory – and I am used to it. Some weeks he gets off at midnight, other weeks 1:30-2:00 am. The earliest he can leave is 11:30 pm. Well he got home this morning at 3:00 am! (We literally live less than a minute away, so he would have had to get off at 3:00 to get home that late). When he got home he woke me up (gave me a good night kiss, and was getting ready for bed). I looked at the clock and said, “Wow, baby it is 3 in the morning.” He said, “I know, we were there really late because we were so busy last night (V-day).” So I went to sleep, not thinking much about it, until I woke up this morning. I kept getting this nagging feeling that there was something going on, so I, like a terrible person, looked at his cell phone. He made a call to a number I have never seen before, so stupid me, I call it to see if VM picks up and it is a lady named Gina (I have never heard of a Gina before) at 11:30. Then he called his store at 11:35, and the store called him back at 11:40. He then called his dad, and at midnight Gina called him back. Mind you, he could have been off at 11:30 – so I can’t help but feel really suspicious of the fact that he was calling his store at 11:35 – where was he at that he needed to call the store? On his way to Gina’s house? Who is Gina? Now, at the same time, I can’t help but think it is possible he took a delivery at 11:30, which is why he called Gina (maybe that is where he was delivering to), and he tried calling her, but she didn’t answer so he called the store for directions (he is new to the area and doesn’t know where all the streets are). I am not going to wake him up to talk to him about this, and I am trying to rationalize the entire thing first and try not to freak out. Would you be suspicious, or does it sound like he really just had to work late?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• For how long did he chat with Gina? That would be an indicator if something is going on.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I am a firm believer in womans intuition, if you feel something may be off then it just may be. I wouldnt say anything I would just make sure to check his phone and if the number reapperas you have something to think about. If you say anything now he will just say its nothing and if it is something he will be more likley to hide it.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Ask him. I'm a very blunt person. No matter what rationales people can give you, unless you hear it from your hubby, it won't settle you.
    Im sure that since she just answered as Gina, not something like, hey babe, or something it's nothing.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:50 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If he has never made me suspect him of anything before, I would put it in my memory and monitor it.

Otherwise, if he has given me a reason to feel he is doing something he shouldn't, I would wake his ass up and confront him. BUT, since he didn't clear the log, I would say it's probably innocent.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh, and I just wanted to add, as far as I know he has never cheated on me before! We've been together for 4 1/2 years and have a 2 year old.. pregnant with number two. Things seem to be going well, we argue, just like everyone, but this nagging feeling that there is something wrong.. it just wont go away.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• When he wakes up I would casually ask him about his night last night, and ask him about how busy they were and how it must have sucked to stay so late and see what details he gives you and if his story matches up to what you found in the phone or if it sounds like he is telling a tale. Or you could just mention that you looked at his phone for a number or something and saw the call log and ask him about it straight out. If he doesn't have anything to hide then he shouldn't be upset about it as long as you aren't coming out of the gate swinging and accusing him of cheating.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Also keep in mind that Gina could say later that she got a call from his phone and he wasn't there and he'll know it was when he was sleeping. Then you end up looking sneaky so maybe it's better to just confess that you snooped, blame it on hormones, and see what he has to say for himself. Maybe there is a simple explanation here.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:48 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The first call was like 30 seconds, the second about 2 minutes.

And when I called her I used my phone and blocked the number (I know I'm horrible!!!!!)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• If he's never given you a reason to suspect him being un-faithful, I would just keep the info and see how it plays out. Those phone calls weren't very long...but at the same time, do people really order in food at midnight?? I would just keep a check on things, don't feel bad about going through his phone either.
    Good Luck!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 11:06 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• in this case I would just ask him if there is something going on.

then maybe I would just keep a eye out.
    I didn't hear anything that would make me automatically suspect him of cheating, but if 3 am is late getting home, then I'd ask him to call home when he is going to be working past a certain time.

then, if you want to check on things, next time he's late I'd call the store asking to talk to him.
    if he wasn't there, then I'd take my suspicion to the next level and look into things some more.

but I didn't hear anything here that sounded a big alarm in my head
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2011