Opk's and detecting ovulation adult content

I know not to solely rely on OPK's but I have been charting for about 6 months now and this month (the first month after my m/c) I seem be to close to ovulation again at the same time; CD 14 I think I did.
What I am asking is this; I had the watery CM (BDed) and a - OPK on Feb.13, followed by EWCM on Feb.14 and still a - OPK but getting darker (BD'ed again) Today, I haven't taken my OPK but my temp rose by 1/2 a degree and my CM is back to watery (which was normal for me pre pregnancy).
I am assuming that my OPK reading will be a positive today and that I probably ovulated yesterday sometime...later in the evening (as seems to be the case with me in the past).
Would you rely more on the CM than the actual reading of an OPK to determine if we timed our BDing as best as we could?

miraclewaits

Asked by miraclewaits at 10:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• I would rely on the chart. I found OPKs to be horrifically inaccurate. I shouldn't have ever gotten pregnant per the OPKs I was using! Completely MISSED the ovulation that resulted in my son!

Answer by gdiamante at 10:40 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Okay. I was going to go out and buy a couple more to see what my reading is today but seeing how things were timed this week, I don't think I will bother. My temp has risen today (significant from the past few days) and my CM the past few days has been fertile so I won't waste the money and just hope for the best!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• im in the same boat my opk was dark on feb 9th had clear watery cm and my temp was higer than normal and my opk still postive but a little lighter 3 days later . my fertile my last fertile day was yesturday but my basal temp is still rising now im at the frustrated stages of waiting ive been trying to long to best of luck to u
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 11:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• That sounds sooo positive for you! (no pun intended! LOL!) I hope this is it for you :) I wish I wouldn't read into anything but I always do! Getting pregnant doesn't seem to be an issue for me now that we have conceived twice in 8 months! I just wish our babies would 'stick'. Wishing for you a happy outcome!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 11:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• thanks ive been trying for 3 years my daughter is about to be 4 so i no i can get pregnant but it taking to long hopefull this month pays off lol
    kai302

Answer by kai302 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Well, I am feeling the ovulation 'pain' today so I am pretty sure that I have ovulated today and timed BDing accordingly these past few days, I hope :) I hope you get your BFP soon too. TTC is not as easy as it seems and sometimes we can take forever to get pregnant, while other times, it seems that it wasn't that hard at all. I guess it could all be our outlook as well. I have been quite focussed on TTC the second time and although it didn't take that long at all, I was stressed every month hoping to get a BFP. Now, we are TTC for the 3rd time and it has only been a month since my recent m/c so I know I really shouldn't expect much just yet as my body could still be trying to get back to normal (even though my nurse practitioner says I am fine to be trying again already). I am just hoping that I am pregnant by the end of this year :) Baby dust to you too!
    miraclewaits

Comment by miraclewaits (original poster) at 3:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2011