Did you ever wish you had a different name?

I used to want to change my name to Starr. My friends all had similar aspirational names, like cinnamon, cookie, brandi, ect...our parents all met with a resounding NO!

I wonder if my life would be different today, if I had changed my name to Starr when I was 13? lol

liteofmine71

Asked by liteofmine71 at 10:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I like my name.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• when i was a kid yes. when all those personalized items came out my name was never there =( or if it was it wasn't spelled the same way.

which is kinda funny. i like my name now. because it's not totally different. it's normal but not necessarily "common".

i can honestly say i don't have any friends with the same name as mine.

it's marianne btw.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 10:53 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I always wanted to change my name to anything, but what it is, Tawana. I got a lot of different reactions growing up with that name, but now I love it, I mean it was a hand-me- down name from my grandmother, so I should love it.
    Tawana427

Answer by Tawana427 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Always! I have the second most popular name the year I was born. It sucks to always have to quantify who you are because there are 10 other kids in your grade with the same name.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:15 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I hated my name for a lot of my school years. My name is Kayla and there are a LOT of other Kaylas my age (I'm 22). I went to elementary school with two other Kaylas, and then in high school I think four others. And every other Kayla I knew was stuck up and acted like they were perfect. I felt like the name didn't fit me.
    But, I really don't know what other name I would like to have. I'm okay with mine now.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I wanted to be named Julie when I was little....I thought it was just the prettiest name!
    @ Tawana427 I have a friend named Tawana!
    WoW! How cool is that
    Missikat75

Answer by Missikat75 at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i'm with r.e.l.s.m.o.m. i hated that i couldn't find any personalized items spelled correctly. my name is rachele, pronounced rachel not ra-shell. but i love my name. the spelling grew on me. lol
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i love my name it is sooo very rare.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2011