HCG Levels and Dr Suspecting Ectopic

HCG levels
2/4- 25, 2/7-54, 2/10-197, 2/14-728 Dr. did and ultrasound today 2/15 said he didnt see anything. He is concerned of an ectopic and said he wants me to take methatrexate, to terminate the pregnancy. Would you get a second opinion???

kimmibic

Asked by kimmibic at 10:49 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Absolutely. Or at least get another test done. Wouldn't you be bleeding if it was ectopic?
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 10:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Of course. I have seen doctors and then found out they were wrong (not pertaining to my pregnancy, just in general) Doctors can be wrong. Before you terminate be sure.
    amanda1503

Answer by amanda1503 at 11:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I had an ectopic pregnancy. It started out as spotting and then a week later the pain was so bad I had to go to the ER. They did an ultra sound and found nothing. I was given Methtrexate, it isnt an abortion- it absorbs the pregnancy not aborts it. If it is ectopic you would have pain or spotting. If you arent having any symptoms then get another opion. If you are having the same symptoms then you need to take the meds right away because if the ectopic bursts then you will have to have surgery and will probably lose your tube. My numbers were the same as yours, they barely doubled. A healthy pregnancy has numberd doubling every 48 hours. Good luck
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 4:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would also recommend getting a second opinion. Seems weird that he wouldn't see anything unless you were only 4 weeks along at the time. At 5 weeks you can usually see a sac and they would be able to tell if it was in the uterus or not. Also, I had an ectopic at 6 weeks and I was in intense pain and bleeding.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• with my ectopic I didnt have any pain until 8 weeks.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 9:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2011