Need SUV ideas.

No vans or cars please. I need to be able to fit 3 children in the back(1 in carseat and 1 in infant seat). And I still need room for groceries and SO.

I would prefer a V6 and not a V8.

I currently have a Mazda Tribute that I love but it's not big enough for us all.

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 10:52 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have a tahoe with 3rd row seating. You can keep all the seats in, or just what you need. We have Captains chairs in our second row. I sometimes would like a bench row. It will fit my son and new baby comfortably, and then any other people we might have. We can fit 3 in the third row, two in the second, and two in the front. when the third row is up, it sometimes limits space, like I said, if you only need enough room all the time, you can take half the third row out.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:55 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i know someone who has a toyota highlander. that fit two toddler car seats and me in the middle (although i'm a bit tiny). But i'm sure if i could fit your child could too.

and my SO has a durango with the third row seat that we never use. we usually just fold that down for the stroller. i like it because it's big enough for what we need but not so big you look like a do-sche driving it (joke from previous car question).
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 10:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Love my jeep commander. Its a v8 though.
    Honda pilot
    Traverse is great on gas not sure how big though
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I ADORE my Hyundai Santa Fe. 136K miles, still going strong, seats 5, comes in a V6 and tons of room for groceries.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• gdiamante...it may seat 5 but will it seat 5 with 2 being in carseats?
    Jademom07

Comment by Jademom07 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I have the GMC Acadia (Chevy Traverse, Buick Enclave) and mine holds 8. You can get it with an optional bench seat in the middle, I have no issues having the back seats up AND getting my groceries in the back AND if need by, the back seat has a 2/3 split. This means if you do need to put a seat flat, it doesn't have to be the entire back seat, you can put down either one of the seats or a double seat section. The middle seats slide foward for better access to the back row.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• OH, and it comes in a V6 - that's what mine is.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Hyundai Veracruz, Honda Pilot, Chevy Traverse.
    Shaylyn318

Answer by Shaylyn318 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 16, 2011