So badly constipated !! help :( adult content

had a baby 6 months ago. ive stopped nursing him about a month ago. i know constipation has nothing to do with nursing (or maybe it does, i seriously dont know) but i have been SOOOO constipated for over 3 weeks now !! :(
i get bloody fetus everytime and then my butt hole hurts for hours. overall its painful. i thought it might go away with time but no such luck. i have increased my liquids but that has not helped. please someone, anyone !! tell me something, any remedy or medicine which i can get over the counter to get rid of this stupid thing !! :(((

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Health

• have you tried ex-lax? i would suggest a colace first though to make it soft.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Colace. Ex-lax can cause cramping and bloating. You also should put some fiber into your diet.

If the Colace doesn't work, call a doctor.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• eat oranges, and drink apple juice.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• You need to get yourself some miralax, I wouldn't go with ex lax because it's a stimulant and you'll probably be crampy and very uncomfortable with diarrhea. If you've already upped your fluid intake, you could try eating all bran every morning for extra fiber and stool softening. It really helps. If you've tried those things and it's still not helped then I would highly suggest miralax, it draws water into the bowel, to make stools softer, it's not a stimulant that's going to give you diarrhea, it's something you can take long term just a little bit each day to keep things comfortable. It's very safe, it's the same thing they prescribe for toddlers and small children as a long term supplement when they have these issues. Colace works similarly but just not as well in my experience. I have the exact same problem as you, and I also have rectocele from giving birth, which makes it worse, it's otc so you can get it anywhere, GL
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 11:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• you could try flax seed in your food, more foods with high fiber content, juice, a lot of water, milk of magnesia..... hope this helps
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2011