What do you worry about when during labor and delivery?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 10:56 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Since I had pre-eclampsia and placenta abruption, I was worried about the baby...I was scared that something was wrong with him because he stopped growing when I was 34 weeks.
    RiaChristine

Answer by RiaChristine at 11:04 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I worried about my preeclampsia and how huge I was swelling and hoping the medical care was good enough for me to make it through.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 10:58 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Pooping on the table/floor. It was the only thing on my mind. Would I poop or not when pushing.

I don't care how many moms say that it was the furthest from their mind, it was the only thing I thought about.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• With my son, I worried something was wrong since I wasnt progressing after 4 days of active labor. I ended up with a csection. This time I'm having a repeat and I'm worried about going in and just having it done. last time I was tired so much of it is a blur.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 10:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• with all 3 i worried mostly about death. my mind was never in the right place when i was pregnant and i was so paranoid about dying and leaving each child mother-less. i also worried about my unborn baby's health during and after delivery. i am a huge worry wart!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i honestly never worried about anything. i got to the hospital and they were all like "you're way too calm"
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• The only thing I ever worried about was unnecessary interventions.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 11:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I never worried about anything honestly. Even when he was moving around too much during labor and they couldn't always find a heartbeat and had to put the little probe in his head to keep track of it and when he had the cord wrapped around his neck when he came out... i knew he was going to be okay. I was always a fighter and i knew my son would be just as strong.
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 12:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i just worried about all the pain i was so ready to c my little guy he was the only thing on my mind but i did have a little worries about a c-section i didnt want one and the whole time i was dialating the dr kept saying if you dont fully dialate anytime soon we gunna do a c-section but i was in labor for 30 hrs
    eliesmommy1989

Answer by eliesmommy1989 at 12:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Nothing, before I went into labor the first time I was scared of the pain, so I was worried about that, but otherwise I wasn't. With my 3rd baby I'm not sure what happened, but at some point his heart beat dropped and I had to be put on oxygen and moved into all kinds of different positions incase the umbilical cord was being pushed on, then they had me start pushing before I was fully dilated. It was a little more eventful than my other deliveries, but I still wasn't worried. Actually my most eventful was my 2nd delivery when I had planned an epidural but got there too late, finding out I was 10 minutes away from pushing out a baby with no meds when I was expecting several hours and an epidural was eventful! And I was worried then, but only about the pain of pushing her out. I was never worried about the babies though.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011