What do you prefer, private or public edcuation for your children?

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 11:00 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in General Parenting

• I dont care if it is public, private or a charter school. I just want small class sizes and a low student to teachr ratio...which will likely only be found at private or a charter school
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 11:08 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would prefer private college prep, but with my husbands salary, we will never be able to afford it. So public with home supplement..
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 11:03 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My kids go to a publicly funded charter school. It is a private school education for free.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• "My kids go to a publicly funded charter school. It is a private school education for free."

Love it!
    :-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Private
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:01 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• public
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• i went to a public school and loved it....it really depends to me on if you want your child to have religion in schools..and if you can afford it if you are big on religion and have the money or can get financial aid go for private but trust me the same risks are there that are in public schools sometimes hidden better from what i got from my friends that went to private schools
    ahsot1230

Answer by ahsot1230 at 1:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Private. Went to private from Kindergarten to college and my 3 yr old is currently in private.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Neither, we homeschool.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 1:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Public..
    The schools around us are the best in the state and are in the top for the nation. Several of the private schools around us and those around me when I grew up(I went to public by the way) are below public school levels. As long as the parent(s) are involved it doesn't matter to me what school is used.
    I have some friends that use private schools and others that use public. The public school students are on the same or even higher level as the private school students
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 1:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2011