Is anyone else sick of bad parenting?

I mean really....if I read one more post or question about how difficult a child's behavior is when it's obviously a result of bad parenting I'm going to lose it. I am perfect by no means, none of us are, but I'll be damned if my child acts like some of these kids I've read about! Oh, and this is anonymous not because I am ashamed of what I am saying, but because my blood pressure is already too high from the bs I've read and I might stroke out if I have to deal with the ignorance directly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jul. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't know hon. There are some children who misbehave no matter how hard the parents try to do the right thing. For example, my son (7) still throws temper tantrums. We do everything you're supposed to do (like not give it any attention, not cave in, etc) and he still does them. Come to find out it's because of his ADHD, PDD, and bipolar.

Sometimes parents just don't know what to do. So they are asking for help. I think it's unfair to call someone who is asking for help a bad parent. They're obviously a good parent if they want to try and help their children.

Instead of being judgemental maybe you can try and help those mothers.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 12:26 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I'm just curious to see links to some examples lol
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 1:40 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Its not easy for everyone. The whole point off cafemom is for support and to vent with out judgment..... This is the hardest job I've ever done and i don't have any answerers but I know I have support.
    two.under.two

Answer by two.under.two at 2:30 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• LInks to examples, like why a child with bipolar or a mood disorder has a meltdown because he/she is over- stimulated or an child with other disabilities that cannot help what they do?
    I am tolerant in public or online of parents because I have two that have mood disorders and other issues that cause them to act like they have never had any discipline in their lives sometimes.
    So you are saying that every parent that has had a child misbehave and maybe asked a question or vented about it is bad?
    To me that is not fair to the mom.
    http://www.mcmanweb.com/bipolar_child.html
    http://www.focusas.com/BipolarDisorder.html
    Here are two websites about bipolar in children and teens. I don't know if it is the "examp;e" you are looking for, but here they are. Hope you have a great day!!
    Nakor21

Answer by Nakor21 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I don't know that I agree with the exactly what you said... I try to be understanding on here. I don't know anyones exact situation. I do get so frustrated with people in person who don't pay attention to their kids, or leave them with other caregivers all the time, and wonder why they act out for them. I know people who have children and leave them with the grandparents, or even worse, great-grandparents, so they can go out. And I'm not talking every now and again... like 3 and 4 times a week. THAT bugs me. I used to bartend and there were the same women in there all the time. Many being moms with primary custody of small children. I'm sure there are moms on here like that, but I don't know who they are, and I'm glad. I like coming on CM to share experiences and see what other people deal with... without judging or being judged, most of the time.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:29 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I get what she's saying... not all bad kids have bad parents. Not all good parents have good kids... but a lot of the posts are talking about how the home life is crappy, DH sits his ass on the couch all night & the mom is pulling her hair out b/c the kids are little monsters. NO, not everything in life is perfect, but a lot of the moms who complain that their kids are "out of control" are totally to blame because they're the ones who let them get that way.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 4:15 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• okay, as a side note, any psychiatrist who diagnoses bipolar disorder in a 7 year old should have his license to practice revoked because that is CLEARLY in violation of the DSM-IV requirements of the diagnosis.....also, i clearly stated that i was refering to behaviors that were "obviously a result of bad parenting".....not other causes....i have worked with autistic children and am very familiar with tantrums and such that are a result of psychiatric issues
    Anonymous

• I know where you're coming from. Most of these women just jumped to the conclusion that you were grouping everyone into the same category. There are a lot of good moms on this board who have issues with kids and they try to do the right thing. BUT there are also some ignorant crappy moms who have no clue what children really want or need--I don't have sympathy for those women and usually just ignore their posts.
    georgeswife5014

Answer by georgeswife5014 at 12:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2008