My 3 yr old daughter won't poop adult content

My 3 year old daughter won't poop...in the potty or panties. She is scared "it will hurt" so she holds it as long as she can...like I'm talking days to a week. I have to sit her down and make her by threatening to use a suppository or actually use one to make her. She has held it up to 4 days at a time before I have to make her. It doesn't matter what kinds of foods I give her to help her...she just won't do it by herself. What can I do about this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Talk to the dr.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 11:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My husband had this problem when he was little, and it caused alot of problems, I think that instead of the threats, why don't you try a reward, she must have been constipated, and has bad memories of it hurting, if it doesn't get any better, you must talk to your doctor, my husbands started about the same age, a babysitter spanked him for pooping in his pants, anyway, his mom didn't really do anything to help the problem, and he had to have enemas until he was almost 11, she finally talked to the doctor, and he had to go through counseling (it helped), and retrain himself to go #2. Suppositories can become a dependent, and she will lose the ability to recognize the signs of having to go.. I would say you ask her to try and if she can do it, take her to Mcdonalds, or give her a special treat when she can, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:21 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• yup I would use rewards we had somone draww her body with the tube to the stomach and to the intestines then out her bottom draw alittle trian that has to come out tell her the leftovers have to go then give her a reward be gentle
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 11:29 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Feces will eventually make it's way out at one point. I didn't think putting a suppository into a child's anus when it's not a life threatening condition that requires such was an option for potty training. Now I don't feel so bad I use physical discipline on my children.
    LuvMyBabies912

Answer by LuvMyBabies912 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2011