What to do with bottles?

I was wondering what you did with your old baby bottles after your child was done with them?
I was cleaning out the baby stuff(my youngest and last is 3) and came across some. I used the basic Playtex Nurser. I also had a friend give me some the ones(Playtex also) that she used(I am going to ask her if she wants them back, but her youngest is college age). The bottles are in very good shape, just need nipples. I would like to hear how you dealt with the now unused bottles.

nova.mommy

Asked by nova.mommy at 11:10 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If you have other baby stuff, maybe have a garage sale. Baby stuff always goes over BIG at a garage sale, plus you can get some extra cash for your things. If you don't feel like doing that, you can either find someone that may need it or donate it to Goodwill/Salvation Army.
    Blakesmommy0907

Answer by Blakesmommy0907 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I sold them for $0.25 each in a garage sale.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I packed them away since we want to have more kids in a few years.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I tossed all of my dd's bottles..it's been a little over 2 years since she used them, and we weren't sure when we would have more kids,..and simple things like bottles were easy to replace..glad I didn't keep them since we're having a boy this time around lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 12:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My my isn't somebody wasteful, tossing out bottles and glad of it because the next baby is the opposite sex! NICE! I regularly give my stuff to charity. I have a box in my pantry where my youngest brings his dress shoes and jeans as he out grows them. Three or four times a year I drop off the contents of that box. They are always glad to get anything that is still usable. I found this place through a fellow girl scout leader years ago. They take anything and it doesn't get shredded like some of those bins in the parking lots.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Oh for crying out loud, get off your high horse LoveMyDog! I tossed all my bottles too. The measurements had all washed off and the nipples were discolored from our hard water. I would have been embarrassed to donate such a thing!
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Depends on what you want to do with them. If you plan on having more kids I will place them away and keep them for later on or you can sell them at a garage sale. Just depends on you and what you decide to do with them.
    acruz86

Answer by acruz86 at 5:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm saving mine for grandkids. My eldest is 20.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 6:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• you could donate to a womens shelter or a hospital or just to goodwill
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 8:17 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My babysitter's church has a "St. Nick's Shop" twice a year that has gently used baby items freely available to moms. I donated mine to the church.
    JZ10FPM

Answer by JZ10FPM at 11:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2011