Starting School....(please help what do you think?)

I'm starting school in May, everytime I talk to DH about it, he makes me start second guessing myself. I've held off for two semesters already, His major opinions are that he doesn't want me to be in an extreme amount of debt, and about money it would cost to travel, and books and stuff, I don't know if he is really concerned or if he is just trying to hold me back. He says I should feel lucky to be able to stay home with my kids while he works, I say what happens then when the kids are in school. I want to be a teacher, I always have, I would be going to school only 2 nights each week, what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• You have to do this for yourself, your children and your family. You will earn to pay back the expense. The education will be wonderful for your children. Mom with a degree. Mom who understands and can help them with their schooling. A well rounded Mom. Go for it. Be strong.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Sit down with him and address his concerns. Would you be receiving any financial aid grants? Or would you have to take out loans or pay out of pocket? If you will be receiving a grant/scholarship, tell him that it will cover this, this, and this. If you have to take out loans or pay out of pocket, show him the budget on how you can afford it without being burdensome. Men are usually visual and need something to see or look at. Good luck!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:19 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think that it will pay off in the end, I mean everything costs money but you're right what are you going to do when your kids are in school just sit around and watch soaps all day?? Go to school and get an education and do what will make you happy.

Tawana427

Answer by Tawana427 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I'm going back to school in April, and have faced some of the same resistance... but I set my mind to it, and started working out the "problems" he brought up (which in our case was money and childcare). Once he saw that I got a PEL grant and childcare at the campus, then he started to be more optimistic about it. Like another mom said...sit him down, and ease his concerns. Tell him that this is a dream of yours, and it would make you really happy if he would help you and work WITH you on getting to your goal.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:41 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think you should do it.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• do what you want to do
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Don't do it!!!! Waste of money and time and you won't even be able to get a job when you are done, except figuring out how to pay your school debt that has grown leaps and bounds over night! Your so much better off starting your own business. Seriously. Take it from someone who knows.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 12:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2011