In 200 or 300 years...

Do you think we will look back at how we denied those of the GLBT community equal human rights and be as disgusted as we are now when we look back at how the white man denied the Indians equal human rights?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 11:12 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Who is this " we " you speak of?
    Unless we are going back to the time of Moses who lived for hundreds of years, I don't see any " we" in the issue. lol
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:13 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 11:17 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Jew - We as in society in general.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 11:20 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I personally wont be alive in 200-300 years so I wont be looking back. However, no I dont think that will be the case for people who are alive. I think if you look at other countries like Cuba and Middle Eastern counties they are much less tolerant of the Gay & Lesbian community then we are here in this country. I think that people will see we actually extended them the ability to live safely and not be persecuted (as in put in jail, tortured etc) compared to other countries.

Answer by gemgem at 11:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I am sure future generations will wonder WHY we treated certain segments of our population is certain ways. If you talk to kids between the ages of 20-30 (to me they are kids), many of them have a very different view of Gay/Lesbian relationships. My kids are in that generation and each has friends that are in homosexual relationships. To my kids, these relationships are as natural as heterosexual partnerships. As the world changes, lessons are learned, history reviewed in relationship to current events, and often times POVs change.Change is one of the constants in life, no matter how many want to apply the brakes-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:25 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I think we'll be looking back a lot sooner than 200 years. More like 20.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:26 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Or maybe we will realize that studies were doctored in order to show "results" that were untrue to push an agenda; like the ones that say a gay or lesbian couple is better at raising a child than a heterosexual couple. Forget about all the research that has shown children, male or female, need a father and a mother to grow up with a healthy identity. And like the studies that show that gay couples break up at a much higher rate than heterosexual couples. We're not talking about empty-headed celebrity couples like Britney Spears' 36 hour marriage here, I mean real life couples.
    The family unit (and what defines "family") is part of the foundation of our society. Undermine it, and the society starts to crumble... oh... like it has been since the 60's sexual revolution.
    I don't feel like I'm denying the GLBT community anything. We aren't prosecuting them, they live in our society, get jobs, have lovers, and go unbothered.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

•  

I think we'll be looking back a lot sooner than 200 years. More like 20.

agree

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Yes
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• ~*Smiles*~... wow, that is a huge goal... personally I think in 200-300 years there will not be any people, unless they survive the fight/killing of each other... Gay/Lesbian rights are not that huge a deal as the clash of cultures... they are like ants to people in world wide issues (metaphorically)..... hahahah
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2011