What would you do??

Yesterday evening, my hubby, kids, and I were going to head to Costco for some shopping when all of a sudden the transmission decides to blow out in our van. We barely made it out of our driveway!
Well..my son can't yet walk to school on his own so I had to pack my daughter in a stroller and take them this morning. We got absolutely drenched...(we live in Oregon). What would you do if this happened to you? Anyone have any ideas on how to stay dry next time? I did have my son hold an umbrella..and I also tried to push the stroller while holding an umbrella going uphill. I don't have a good enough canopy over the stroller though..so she ended up pretty wet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in

• If I couldn't have found a neighbor or a friend to take him to school, he would have stayed home. I would not have walked in the rain pushing a child and stroller. It's one day..whatever he would have missed he could have picked up on the next day. I would have then spent the day calling for bus information or finding some temporary transportation until my vehicle was fixed.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Do you have a school bus or other public transportation type service in your area? Is there a neighbor whose child goes to the same school that can take your son as well? Do you know of any moms that you could start a carpool with and have in agreement that when you get your transmission fixed you will carpool their child(ren)?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:23 AM on Feb. 15, 2011