Any examples lately of a selfless act?

jewjewbee

Asked by jewjewbee at 11:22 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I will tell you of a selfless act done by someone. A woman took in a homeless woman into her home gave her a place to live and is helping her get back on her feet. How is that for selfless. She told no one just did it out of the love in her heart. I know because I am the homeless woman she helped.
    rhonda0428

Answer by rhonda0428 at 12:17 AM on Feb. 16, 2011

• Dont know what you consider recent, but around new years I saw a family with a flat tire at McDonalds. They had 5 kids with them. Anyway they had no help, no money, the kids were starving and saying things like mama you said we could eat today. I went into mcdonalds (my dd works there as a mgr) and her big boss got the kids happy meals and the parents food for free. I gave them a ride to get a tire and let them use my phone. I waited around until someone was able to insure they were taken care of.

Answer by gemgem at 11:24 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• that's great gemgem! Nothing as great as that, but being polite, patient and loving to others, even when they didn't deserve it. I'm about to make lunch bags and drive around looking for anyone in need :)
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 11:45 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Kittie, my daughter does this lunch bag thing often, and I just yesterday gave a cute little old man a ride to his clinic.

Answer by older at 1:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• My children and I knit scarves, hats, and mittens for the poor families in her school we are thinking about getting crafting clubs together and doing this for some of the indian reservations that are up here where it gets cold. I want to eventually get it worked out where they get coats to go with the scarves, hats and mittens.
    Anonymous

• I know a lady, who sold some very nice furniture. The buyer's payment on the furniture is $500 a month. A relative of the buyer fell terribly ill and the lady (seller) asked her to send her payment (the $500) to her relative -- and she still gave the buyer full credit on their debt to her.

I know another lady who desperately needs serious re-construction dental work, but because she has family who are unemployed (laid off from a temp company) she pays their rent and utilities instead of saving money to fix her own painful mouth. Poor lady won't even go out in public because her teeth are so bad - she finally got ahead enough to save for dental care, but she's putting someone else's need above her own.

There are some great examples of selflessness all around; it's often not easy to see tho, because people who are truly selfless don't go around telling people about the things they do for others.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I know someone who was a mechanic years ago, he stops all the time to help people in distress. I wish I had talent like that!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:32 AM on Feb. 16, 2011