If you were with your mate for approximately 20 years and that person cheated would you stay or go??

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Relationships

• probably leave
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I guess it would depend on the circumstances. Was it a one time thing that happened 15 years ago or was it something that was recent?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:33 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• It would depend on the circumstances. Is it a one night stand? Or were they involved in a long term relationship? if the first then I might be able to forgive them and not throw away 20 yrs of marriage. If the former, then Id be packing their bags for them.

Answer by gemgem at 11:34 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• it depends...was it a one time thing or did he have ongoing affair. If my DH had a one night stand kind of cheating, and he was sincerely sorry, I think I could forgive him. It might take a while and I might have to put him on probation, but I think I would stay. However, if had a a serious relationship with someone or multiple partners, I think I would leave. That is just me though.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would stay until I had exhausted every avenue for reconciliation and restoration.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:35 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• I would leave.

Cheating disgusts me.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• Stay. The grass wouldn't be any greener on the other side of the fence and with 20 years invested, who would want to start over. Besides, didn't you make a commitment when you said your vows?
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 11:44 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• probably go
    Amanda11810

Answer by Amanda11810 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• We were together for 7 years when we had that problem. I left and two years later we are remarried.....I have no explanation.
    TwilightMack

Answer by TwilightMack at 11:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011

• hugs FIRST N FOREMOST REMEBER IT WASN'T YOUR FAULT!!! NO MATTER WHAT! WE ALL HAVE THE ABILITY TO SAY YES OR NOT. LIFE SO FUNNY BECAUSE 1 INCIDENT CAN ALTER YOUR LIFE FOREVER. I AGREE WITH THE FIRST 3 DIVAS :o).I N REFRENCE 2 YOUR QUESTION HMMMM, I'D SAY YOU KNOW WHAT YOU"VE GOT BUT YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL GET. NO MATTER WHAT YOU DECIDE I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST .

laddybuug

Answer by laddybuug at 11:59 AM on Feb. 15, 2011