Contract

golds gym wont let me cancel my membership,they said I signed a contract. the only way I can get out of the contract is if I'm moving far away and I have to show proof by an utility bill. Has anyone had this problem before and know how to get out of it? They have automatic payment set up through my checkiong account. I can't afford to do thids now becaus eI have a car payment now and high insurance premiums I have to pay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 15, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• You can also go to the bank and request that nothing be automatically taken out of your account.  That will stop them from being able to take the money.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 12:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2011

• There probably is a penalty for ending it early and that might be better than paying forever. Read the contract and find out. And, yes, get the bank to end the automatic payments.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2011